Saturday, November 16, 2013

Organizing a Junk Drawer

Everyone has one, regardless of how organized you are. I'm talking about a junk drawer. That space in your house that is the "catch all" of random items. So today's topic is....


As you can see, this is my "random items" drawer.

For our pens, batteries and office supplies, I bought these handy dandy black baskets (3 for $1) at Dollar General. In the bottom one we keep batteries, our mini stapler and push pins. The top basket is home to our pens, pencils and scissors.

To the bottom left there's a box of tooth picks (eventually I plan to find a some kind of container to store these in, but for now they're just in the box they came in). Above the tooth picks I keep my post-it pad. Notice the saying on it "Make a list, you'll feel better. Write it down, check it off. Make it happen. Be a list maker. Get organized." It's pretty much my favorite post-it pad in the whole world!

I keep our oven mitts and pot holders in the back of the drawer along with my Lipton Tea box of various tea packets.

We also keep our Casey's Pizza box tops in here as well. (When you collect 10, you get a free pizza)

And that's our junk drawer! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment