Wednesday, November 13, 2013

New Life

Today was my first official day volunteering at the pregnancy center. I LOVED it! It's such a great feeling to be able to take "the mom hat" off and just be me for a few hours. The other women that volunteer there are incredible! There is a strong spirit of love that is undeniable. Everyone is so nice and understanding and genuinely caring. I learned a lot today. At our pregnancy center we deal with all aspects of pregnancy. We work with women who have miscarried, had an abortion (although we do not provide abortions or referrals), adoption and we help those moms who decide to keep and raise their baby. Sometimes getting in the hustle and bustle of a busy schedule can make you question your purpose in life. Today I felt purpose. I saw the heart of the hurting girl who felt scared and alone and I was able to reach out to her. In our line of work we see a lot of girls who aren't living what some people would say "morally exceptable" lifestyles, but when we work with a client, we don't look at their lifestyle. We don't tell them that they're right or wrong, we simply love them first and foremost. If correction needs to be made, it comes from a loving place. I felt love from the moment I became a part of this organization. It is evident that God is the center of New Life Pregnancy Center, because there is a peace and a loving spirit that only comes when God is present. I'm SOOO excited for this new journey! So now among the many things I enjoy doing, this just might be my new favorite! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment