Monday, June 20, 2016

Praying for Your Spouse - Day 8: Their Fears


I love that Stormie Omartian included fears in her book The Power of a Praying Wife (the book these posts are inspired by). I never thought to pray for my spouse's fears until I read this book. In the Bible it tells us that perfect love casts out fear. We must pray that God will perfect our spouse in God's love, so that tormenting fear finds no place in them. Ask the Lord to keep fear from ruling over your spouse. Pray that your spouse will acknowledge God and His unfailing love, whose presence casts out all fears.

Verses of Reference:

Psalm 34:7

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.

Psalm 34:4

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvationwhom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?


No comments:

Post a Comment