Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bridal Shower Towel Cake


This was my Pinterest-inspired bridal shower gift! I am a stickler when it comes to gifts. I don't want to get people just any gift. I like gifts that require a lot of thought and love, especially this one, because it was for a dear friend of mine.

This towel cake consists of:
10 dish rags, 1 kitchen towel, 1 big measuring cups, a set of measuring cup and spoons, kitchen timer, spatula, cookie mix, 2 rubber hot pads and an oven mitt all put together on a set of 4 plates. :) Super easy to make and really cute!


(I rolled each dish rag and tied each one with a rubben band around the middle. I took the measuring cup and placed it in the center (it's what holds all the items in the middle of the cake), I then wrapped the kitchen towel around it to secure all the dish rag rolls, then I began placing each item stratigically into the center measuring cup. There's no absolute way to do this, it's pretty much just moving things around until you get it to look the way you want it to. I used a set of 4 plastic plates as my base and I secured everything down with tape and ribbon. It was a really easy project!





No comments:

Post a Comment