Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tackling School with Essential Oils




I know for the majority of people, the first day of school was last week. For us, it was yesterday. I sent my big girl off for her first day of preschool...




And as an oily mom, I thought I'd share with you my secret weapon oils that I plan to use this school year.

Essential Oils for Sleep

Getting the kids back into the swing of early bedtimes and school nights isn't always an easy task. Our go to oils for a goodnight sleep are Lavender, Cedarwood, & Peace and Calming (if you don't have this oil, you can always use Peace and Calming II). 

I apply these oils to the feet and back of the neck, and I put them in the diffuser at bedtime. I also sprinkle some on their favorite stuffed animals from time to time. ;)

Essential Oils for Focus

There are lots of oils for focus. My go-to focus recipe is Lavender, Cedarwood and Vetiver. It's an incredible combo! Other oils to use are Peppermint, Brainpower, Rosemary, Clarity or Motivation.

Make a focus roll on with any of these oil combos, add them to the diffuser during homework time or apply before school.

Essential Oils for Nerves

A new school year can be stressful and nerve-wracking. Stress Away and DiGize are two great oils for keeping stress at bay and tummy jumbles under control. ;)

Apply DiGize to the belly button to maintain a happy tummy. You can apply Stress Away to wrists or the back of the neck. Another great way to wear Stress Away, is to wear it on diffuser jewelry. Diffuser necklaces are all the rage, or you can keep it simple and add a drop to your head band, wrist band or leather jewelry for diffusing on the go.

Essential Oils for the Immune System

We all know what comes right around the corner after school starts...cold and flu season. Thankfully, Young Living has products that can boost the immune system, so we don't have to be a participant this year. Thieves is my absolute go to oil for immunity. If you have followed my blog at all, you are well aware of how much I LOVE Thieves! Thieves has a whole line of products from hand purifier, to wipes, and even household cleaners and sprays. It's the number one reason my family stays so healthy. Thieves has a couple of amazing sidekicks. Frankincense, Purification, Lemon, Oregano and Tea Tree oil are all fantastic oils to help boost the immune system as well. I usually make a roller ball with all of these oils. We apply to the bottoms of the feet daily during winter months, to help boost the immune system.

Essential Oils for the Athlete

If your child is in sports, there are some great oils for that as well! Copaiba, Panaway, Cool Azul, Peppermint and Wintergreen are some great oils for the sports star in your family. You can mix them with coconut oil for a post practice rub, or apply to sore areas to support the body's natural response to injury. ;)

How are you using your oils this school year? I'd love to hear about it!









No comments:

Post a Comment