Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kitchen Cabinet Tour

Today I am letting it all hang out. Now, you should know by now that I get a natural high off of organizing, so it's no surprise that I have people who want me to organize their house for them. (And I LOVE doing it!) The most common place I get asked to organize is the kitchen, so today I'm taking you on a tour of my kitchen cabinets. It's not a glamorous tour, but maybe it'll give some sort of inspiration to a desperate soul.

Organizing Bowls -

I stack our bowls and dishes accordingly and I usually stick the lids either on top on or below the stack. Our measuring cups I store on the cabinet door with some sticky pegs I got from Dollar General for a buck.


Organizing Cups -

Our cup cabinet has 3 shelves, so I split them up by category. The top shelf is home to our water bottles and travel cups, shelf two holds our coffee mugs and the bottom shelf houses our regular drinking glasses.


Organizing Baby Bottles, ect. -

Baby bottles, dishes, bibs and all the accessories in between can be overwhelming to organize. I started by sticking 2 sticky pegs onto our cabinet door and making that my storage place for Stella's bibs.

For my shower I got a bottle "tree" that hangs baby bottles to dry. Because our cabinet is so huge, it actually fits quite nicely in here, so I hang the bottles on there not only to dry, but as a place of storage as well. See that pink hello kitty to the right of the bottle tree on the bottom shelf? That's a container where we store all of the nipples, caps and bottle accessories.

On the top shelf I store all of her bowls and food. This entire cabinet is all Stella's! :)


Cookbook Organization -

This is where I keep my recipes for all the glorious meals I love to make. I have my fabulous recipe binder that holds all of my magazine recipes in one handy place, along with the Cookie Bible (a must have if you're a gal with a sweet tooth!) and other various cook books. On the top shelf you'll see my recipe box along with a stack of blank recipe cards, just waiting for me to write yummy things on them. :)



Storing Pots and Pans -

So, this isn't a very beautiful picture, but I find our Lazy Susan quite handy to store our pots and pans on.


Junk Drawer Organization -

Everyone has one - a junk drawer! The catch-all of the kitchen. This is ours. I bought a set of 3 black storage baskets at Dollar General for a dollar and 2 of them I used in here for our office supplies. Basket number one holds our pens, pencils and scissors. Basket number two holds our batteries, white out, push pins and mini stapler. We keep our post-it notes just to the left of the baskets.

We also keeps our oven mitts, tea and Casey Pizza box tabs in here. (When you collect 10, you get a free large pizza, so I suffer through the clutter for free food. haha)


Organizing Bags/Foil -

This handy little drawer is where we keep our trash bags, sandwich bags, tin foil and plastic wrap. Pretty self explanatory. ;)


Organizing Your Silverware -

There's not much to our silverware drawer. I keep straws to various cups just to the right of our silverware holder. Above our utensils, I keep Stella's silverware and the black basket above holds our napkin rings.



That concludes the tore of my kitchen cabinets. I hope it wasn't too scary for ya. haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment