Sunday, June 16, 2013

Rock Star Father's Day Party


This year was my husbands very first Father's Day, and since I never do anything simple, I had to throw him a party. My hubby is very much a rocker at heart. He loves music and he plays a long list of instruments. Since we have a very small apartment, I decided to keep the guest list small and throw a party for my dad and my husband, since they're obviously both fathers.
 
I used a glass star dish (one from my baby shower) and stood it up on a cake stand that I have. I scrap book in my spare time, so I used a star shaped paper punch to make the star "confetti" and my Cricut cutting machine to make the guitar.
 
 
Here's a full view of the table setting...
 
 
I used black 12x12 scrapbook paper for the place mats and I decorated them with paper that had been punch with my star shaped paper punch. I used some green ribbon to tie the napkins and each of the dads got a special "party favor." I used a toilet paper roll, wrapped it with black scrapbook paper and decorated it with stars, then filled it with candy.
 
 
I used my cutting machine to make large stars and letters that say "DAD YOU ROCK." I strung string through it and used it as a banner.
 
 
The whole setting...
 
 
I used this as something festive to wrap around the soda cans. It's just a special touch for Father's Day. (If you're interested in printing your own Father's Day Coke labels, click here)
 
 
 
This is my attempt at a rock star cake. As you can tell, I'm much better at crafting than I am at baking. I made a chocolate chip cookie cake and used an ice cream cone and cookie dough (though I would suggest using a doughnut hole or something more stable. The cookie dough was too gooey). I coated the cookie dough with ice cream and sprinkled black sprinkles on top.
 
 
Every rock star needs a groupie. :)
 
 
The guests of honor!
 
 
And that's my home made Father's Day party! :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment