Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving Traditions for the Family



I love creating traditions for my family. I am a very family oriented person, and any time that I can make memories with my kids - I am all over it. Thanksgiving is no exception. ;) Here are a few things you can incorporate in your Thanksgiving festivities that the kids will enjoy.




"I am Thankful" Pumpkin

Typically pumpkin season end with Halloween, but I like to get a pumpkin on Halloween with the intent of using it for Thanksgiving. We like to emphasize thankfulness with our littles, so we make a thankful pumpkin. We discuss what we are thankful for and we write it on a pumpkin. You can make this as simple or extravagant as you want. ;)




Thankful Place Cards

These are a fun way to add some cuteness to your table setting, but it's also another way to incorporate thankfulness to your Thanksgiving feast. I created these place cards on Picmonkey, but the options are endless. You could use construction paper and have your kids make their own as a fun art project, or you can get fancy and have them made at a stationary store. The sky is the limit with these. (Like my place cards? Print out your own here)




Reading the book "Thankful"

I am a total sucker for children's books. I seriously love them. When the Scholastic magazine comes home in my daughter's school bag, it is inevitable that I will be purchasing a few books. I love this book, because it's incredibly important to me to instill thankfulness and gratitude in my children. In a generation of entitlement, this is so critical to me. We read this book all year long, not just during Thanksgiving, but it is the perfect little tradition for the kiddos.


These are just a few things we do for Thanksgiving traditions in our home. What are some Thanksgiving traditions you have with your family? I would love to hear about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment