Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Barbie Goes Modest

I can not be the only toddler mom who finds naked Barbies everywhere. My daughter hates having clothes on her Barbies. Don't ask me why. It's one of the mysteries of life why toddlers enjoy having all their dolls naked. It's like they know it's the original state we were in before the fall of man or something. Kids like naked. Moms don't. So, here's a simple and fun solution...


I know you've got a makeup bag of nail polish hanging out in the bathroom drawer somewhere. Pull it out and put those pretty colors to use. I will admit, I had a fun time designing this Barbie's top, but if you aren't a crafty person or you just simply don't care...just take some nail polish and paint broad shapes over the private areas. This doesn't have to be Project Runway. I have also seen people use Sharpies and color underwear on as well. 

If you do want to do something similar to this, I started by painting from the boobs down, then I added the dark pink bra, I made flowers with the brush and I did small outlines around the bra with a purple color. You can make this as simple or elaborate as you want. ;)

I think she turned out rather nice...




No comments:

Post a Comment