Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Add Some Flavor to Your Water


We all know it's important to drink your daily serving of water (which is eight 8 oz glasses), but let's be honest...water isn't nearly as tasty as tea, coffee or soda...so most people are missing out on their daily servings. Myself included.

I'm going to be honest with you and let you in on a little secret. I'm a total tap water snob. I hate it. I'm a bottled water junkie. (Want to hear a funny story? The town I live in actually won first place for the best tasting water in Illinois, and for years prior I always said it was the worst water ever. Hilarious, right?!)

I got tired of constantly running out of bottled water and buying more. It adds up when you're continually buying bottled water. So, I decided to find a way to drink tap water and be happy about it. Solution: essential oils. (Essential oils are pretty much my solution to everything, so this isn't surprising). ;)

Young Living has SO many oils to choose from to give your water a great taste! My personal favorite is lemon essential oil with 2 squirts of liquid Stevia. I have really started to LOVE adding Stevia to my water. It gives it a hint of sweetness, and with the citrus oils, it tastes amazing!

Here are some other fantastic oils to add to your water:

Lemon
Orange
Grapefruit
Lime
Tangerine
Citrus Fresh
Peppermint

(Mixing oils is another great way to spice up your water. I love Lemon and Orange together!)

Citrus oils are great for cleansing the body of toxins and taste so refreshing! Peppermint is an excellent oil for digestive support and focus. (I know we are talking about water, but it tastes great in tea as well! ;) )

Be sure to use a glass or stainless steal water bottle if you're drinking your oils on the go. Here's one on Amazon for a great price -





Have a favorite oil combo you like to drink in your water? Let me know!

**Disclaimer: When I talk about ingesting essential oils, I am ONLY talking about Young Living brand oils. DO NOT ingest any other brand of essential oils without referring to the labels. Young Living Essential Oils are exceptionally pure (check out their Seed to Seal Promise) and other brands of essential oils are NOT safe to ingest!**


No comments:

Post a Comment