Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Non-Toxic Facial Routine

It's taken me some time to master my facial cleansing routine. I was once a frequent buyer of a name brand facial cleanser that has some nasty chemicals in it. I won't drop any names, but if you own a TV, you've most definitely seen an ad for that cleanser. ;)

Since becoming a chemical free home, it's taken a few different attempts to find the right combination to keep my face clear, but I finally found it! Before I tell you all about my favorite products, I first have to start by saying that my skin was pretty clear most of my life. I'm 25 and my skin just started freaking out on me all of a sudden. I don't know if it was a hormonal shift after having children or why exactly my skin decided to break out, but it did. And I hated it. So here's what works for me...

My facial cleanser

This is not my first time talking about Orange Blossom Botanical Face Wash. I love this stuff! I start and end my day with this face wash. It is super gentle and light on the skin. It doesn't have any harsh chemicals, and it smells really great! I actually add this facial wash to a foaming hand pump and use it that way to make it last longer, which saves money. (You can find that recipe here


My Facial Toner

I am a frugal little gal, so any time that I can make my own household items, I am all over it. I found this recipe for a DIY facial toner from a fellow Young Living member and I fell in love. This is my secret weapon for clear skin! It works wonders!! I used an amber glass spray bottle and I added the following ingredients...



I add this combo to a cotton ball and apply to my face daily after I use my Orange Blossom face wash. Disclaimer: If you're going to make this toner, use Young Living oils! Most brands of Tea Tree oil have added synthetic ingredients that actually harm the skin (speaking from experience) but Young Living's pure therapeutic grade oils are untainted and totally safe to apply.

My Moisturizer


I have never been much of a fan of moisturizers. I always felt that they clogged my pores and actually made me break out more, not less. (And who wants that?!) So, I used to by pass this step altogether, until I decided to step out in faith and try this amazing product. Young Living's Sandalwood Moisture Cream. This is my final touch for my morning routine. I use a very small amount (maybe a finger tip or two) and apply to the areas of my face that tend to get dry. It's gentle and doesn't make me break out. And I'm convinced this stuff will last the rest of my lifetime, since I use such small amounts each time.

Best of all? I will fill you all in on a secret - I got all of this stuff for free, because I used my Essential Rewards points. (If you are a Young Living user and you don't know what Essential Rewards is, talk to your enroller! It's amazing!)

And last but not least, I have to introduce you to the clay mask recipe I have come to adore. 

Clay Mask



This is the face mask recipe that I use. I bought the Bentonite Clay on Amazon. It was pretty inexpensive, and you don't use much, so it lasts a long time. Like mentioned above, I highly recommend using Young Living Essential Oils because of purity. Applying oils to the face can be harmful if you are not using a trusted brand like YL. (You can order Young Living oils here) I apply this face mask a couple times a week. It's not something I do daily, but especially if my skin is needing an extra boost, I hit the clay. :)

What are some natural products you love or some go to DIY recipes you have? I'd love to hear it in the comments! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment