Friday, February 19, 2016

Healthy Breakfast: Omelette in a Mug

My latest breakfast favorite has become omelette in a mug. As a stay at home mom, it feels like sometimes my focus is always directed towards my kiddos. I get up, I get them ready and fed...and then I look at the clock and it's nearly lunch time before I realize I haven't eaten breakfast. So first and foremost, I've started taking time for myself. I have started my days by getting myself ready first. (This may seem selfish, but it has done wonders for me! By making myself a priority, it really gets the day started on a good note.)

After I get my kids dressed and fed, I sit down and I take time for prayer and breakfast. Instead of dirtying up several dishes and a skillet...I made an omelette in a mug. 


Ingedients: 
1 to 2 eggs
A splash of milk
Shredded Cheese
Desired veggies (organic green pepper, onion, ect.)
Desired meat (nitrate free sausage, ham or bacon)
Optional toppings (organic salsa is a yummy choice!)

Directions:
- Mix all your ingredients together. (Your omelette can be as unique as you are. Change it up with different toppings. There are lots of yummy choices!)

- Cook in the microwave for one minute

- Stir with a fork

- Put in the microwave for 1 more minute. Add some more shredded cheese to the top (if you'd like) and enjoy!


This is a fast, easy and somewhat healthy (depending on the ingredients you add) recipe! If you want to stick to a very clean omelette, try adding just veggies. 

Have a clean easy breakfast recipe? Share it in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment