Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Make a plan



In my last post, I wrote about my struggle. So I thought in this post, I'd write about my solution. :)

There's a really great quote that I read last week. "Failure to plan is a plan to fail." How true that is! I read that and I felt like it slapped me in the face. If I want to succeed on my weight loss journey, I need to plan for success.

I mentioned before that I plan out my weekly meals before going to the store. I wanted to write it down and show you what this looks like. This week's meal plan looks like this:

Monday:

Breakfast: Banana Oatmeal Muffins (recipe found here)

Snack: Organic Chips and Salsa (I will be honest with you - this was a BAD idea. My go-to binge food was chips, and only giving myself a small serving was HARD. So, for my future shopping trips, chips will not be on the list! Out of sight, out of mind.)

Lunch: BLT lettuce wraps (Nitrate free bacon, organic tomatoes and a tiny bit of organic mayo on an organic romaine lettuce leaf.)

Snack: Organic Granola Bar

Dinner: Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers (recipe found here)

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Egg in Pepper Rings (recipe found here)

Snack: Organic Granola Bar


Lunch: Ham and Egg Wrap (I fry an egg in a small skillet, put on a slice of organic cheese and a slice of nitrate free ham, roll it up and enjoy)

Snack: Homemade trail mix (I made mine with banana chips, dried wolf berries and almonds. I separated them in small servings and put them in individual sandwich bags. This prevents me from over indulging.)

Dinner: Chili

Wednesday:

Breakfast: Banana Oatmeal muffins

Snack: Cheese stick

Lunch: Quinoa Chili (recipe found here)

Snack: Trail Mix

Dinner: One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls (recipe found here)

Thursday:

Breakfast: Omelette in a Muge (recipe found here)

Snack: Trail Mix

Lunch: Lettuce Wrap (recipe found here)

Snack: Cheese Stick

Dinner: Breakfast (nitrate free sausage and eggs)

Friday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (Quick oats with honey, cinnamon, apple chunks and raisins)

Snack: Organic Granola Bar

Lunch: Left over Quinoa Chili

Snack: Cheese Stick

Dinner: Tacos (Made with grass fed beef and homemade tortillas)


So there's a small sample of my meal plan. It has helped me SO much! It also helps keep me from making impulse purchases at the store. When you're menu is all planned out before you go to the store, it's way easier to get in - get what you need - and get out.




No comments:

Post a Comment