Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Creating a Recipe Binder

I love to cook, so when I first got married I subscribed to all kinds of cooking magazines. When they arrived in the mail, I'd drool over the pictures and dream of a day when I'd cook these fabulous recipes. Guess what really happened? They sat in my kitchen cabinets next to my recipe box collecting dust until I finally decided to do something about it. I went through all of my magazines, tearing out the recipes I KNEW I wanted to make in the future. Recipes that seemed too complicated or that I didn't care for, I threw away. So what did I do with all of these loose recipes ripped from their magazine? I created my fabulous recipe binder!


To create my recipe binder I bought a cute binder, some clear sheet protectors and dividers. (I also used some foam letter stickers to write "recipes" on the side)


The categories in my binder are the following: Main dish, Side dish, Dessert, For kids and Holidays. Obviously you can change any of these categories to suite your own recipes.

I put my recipes in protective sheets and placed them in their categories.


Now I still have those delicious recipes, but I don't have all the clutter of keeping a dozen magazines and they're much easier to keep track of this way!




No comments:

Post a Comment