Sunday, June 19, 2016

Praying for Your Spouse - Day 7: Their Mind


If you have ever read Joyce Meyer's book Battlefield of the Mind, then you know just how powerful our thoughts really are...which is why it's important to pray for God's protection over our thoughts and the thoughts of our spouse. Ask that God shields your spouse's mind from the lies of the enemy. Pray that God helps discern His voice from any other, and to take every thought captive. Proclaim that the Lord has given your spouse a sound mind. Ask that they will not be invaded by impure thoughts, but to be transformed by the renewing of their mind.

Verses of Reference:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Romans 8:6

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Romans 7:23

but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

Romans 7:25

Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Mark 12:30

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment