Friday, May 27, 2016

Crunchy Mom Life Hacks


In the not-so-crunchy world we live in, sometimes being a health conscious mama is difficult. Here are some ways to make your journey in crunchy parenting a little easier. ;)

Coconut Oil Diaper Cream



Many name brand creams and lotions are loaded with toxic junk and synthetic fragrances. An easy way to treat a diaper rash the natural way is with some good ol' coconut oil. I found a one ounce jar with a screw on lid, melted coconut oil, poured it in, let it solidify and then I stuck it in the diaper bag. (I added Young Living Lavender to mine, but this is totally optional.) The great thing about coconut oil is that it's so versatile. You can use it for rashy skin, dry skin or even for boo boos. And best of all, if you're a cloth diapering parent like myself, it's CD safe! ;)

Essential Oil Key Chain



Parents on the go, you all understand how hard it can be to forget essential items for the kiddos. That's why I LOVE my essential oil key chain! You can clip it to your keys, purse, diaper bag, ect. It can hold 8 sample viles or 2 roll on bottles. I personally chose to carry 2 roll on bottles. I have a "boo boo" roll on (Frankincense, Lavender and olive oil) and I have my immune boosting roll on (Thieves, Oregano, Tea Tree and olive oil). Obviously my "boo boo" roll on is there for those accident prone moments. Bumps, scrapes or bruises - that's when the "boo boo" roll on comes out! My immune boosting roll on is for moments in the grocery store, public playground, day care or any place when germs are at an all time high, and I want a little boost of protection.

You can find the black one (hold 8 sample bottles or 2 roll ons) at AbundantHealth4U.com or get a super cute patterned one (holds 1 roller bottle) at WeCanOilIt.com


Baby Wearing


There's a common misconception that baby wearing ends after a year. I beg to differ. At 18 months I still strap Ronny into our Infantino carrier. This is a life saver! The toddler year between age 1 and 2 is chaotic to say the least. This is the year that babies are too old to stay in one place (bouncer, play mat, exersaucer, high chair, ect.) but still too little to have much of an attention span. So this leads to lots of climbing, running, getting into things...and a whole lot of headaches for mom and dad. When we go places where I know Ronny will get bored and get into things (which is pretty much every where), I bring our carrier. He LOVES it! He starts getting excited when I get it out, because he loves riding in it. It's a simple way to keep him contained and entertained at the same time...which is GOLD in the parenting world! (Side note: Isn't it hot when you see a man baby wearing?! I think my hubby is looking fierce in this picture!) ;)

Food Prepping


I can't even begin to tell you how much stress and unhealthy choices meal preparations saves my family! I am a victim of convenience, and we all know that the crunchy life isn't always convenient, especially when it comes to eating. If eating healthy was convenient, we wouldn't have a country with obesity on the rise. So I had to take the healthy lifestyle and adjust it to my needs, which absolutely includes planning and prepping our meals. I go on Pinterest, I find my clean meals, I prepare them, then freeze them. I usually make 4 to 6 freezer meals a week. These are the choices we go with on busy nights instead of ordering pizza or going through the drive thru. I also prep lunches as well. Mason Jar salads have become my go to lunch! You can find my meals and recipes on my Pinterest page by clicking here


Thieves Spray/Wipes/Hand Purifier



I am a germ conscious mama (because that sounds way better than germ freak-a-zoid) Anything antibacterial used to be my best friend. But it turns out, the crunchier my lifestyle became...the less I loved antibacterial soaps and gels. Insert Thieves products here. :) Thieves is a product line through Young Living. It's made of essential oils and plant based ingredients. It is a germ fighter, but also completely safe to use on your kiddos and yourself. We use the wipes or the spray for shopping carts, restaurant tables, and anything gross. I use the waterless hand purifier as a hand sanitizer (although truthfully, you can use the wipes or the spray for this as well!)

So there are a few of my life saving hacks. I may add more as they come to me. What are some awesome tips you have for crunchy parents that make life a little easier? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment