Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fight Feminine Odor with Tea Tree Oil


Ok girlfriends...I'm getting up close and oh so very personal with you all today! Being an advocate for good health sometimes comes with some awkward moments. Like today. I'm addressing a problem that is very common, but not talked about. I'm talking about feminine odor. It's an issue that we sometimes struggle with. So before you go running to the Vagisil, you might want to check the ingredients. Popular feminine shampoos and soaps are loaded with synthetic fragrances and other harmful toxins. So what's a girl to do about her funk? Three words: Tea Tree oil.

Tea Tree oil is great at fighting fungus and bacteria. Using Tea Tree oil every single day has seriously changed my life for the better. I use it every single morning as part of my routine. (I strongly suggest using Young Living's Tea Tree oil. The dangers of using Tea Tree oil from health food stores is that they often times add synthetic ingredients that can actually be harmful and irritating to the skin. I absolutely do NOT suggest using any other brand but Young Living!!)

I apply Tea Tree oil directly to the "targeted area". Now, I'll be honest with you, there is a warming sensation. It doesn't burn or sting, but you can feel it when it's applied. :) I'm pretty liberal with my oils usage. I personally do not use a carrier oil when I'm doing this, but I would strongly suggest using a carrier oil (coconut oil is a great option) if you have never done this before. The last thing you want is to have a skin sensitivity in your lady business...so when you're first starting out, use a carrier oil. ;)

If you're not comfortable with this method, you can also soak a tampon in Tea Tree oil and Coconut oil and insert it for 10 minutes. I have not tried this method, but I'm sure it works just as well as direct application.

Remember friends, I am not a doctor. Nothing that I say should be taken as medicinal advice. If you're still experiencing strong feminine odor after trying this, then I would strongly advise seeing a medical professional. It's important to remember that while essential oils are great for a variety of health benefits, sometimes our bodies have symptoms of a deeper issue. Keep that in mind while you're oiling. If essential oils seem ineffective, there may be more to the story than what meets the eye. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment